diurnal . poetry . news . writerature
1st PANGASINAN LITERARY AWARDS
1st PANGASINAN LITERARY AWARDS
Poetry, Essay and Short Story Writing Contest
The Pangasinan Literary Awards, is the province’s 1st literary contest, conceptualized to help develop Pangasinan literature by providing incentives for professional and aspiring Pangasinan writers to craft their most proficient literary works in their native language. This award, is thus, envisioned to also help in the preservation of the Pangasinan language and in the Pangasinenses’ appreciation of their mother tongue, in the written form.
On its first year, the PLA announces that it is now accepting submissions for Poetry and Short Story Categories under the Adult Division, and Poetry and Essay Categories under the Youth Division.
GUIDELINES AND RULES OF THE CONTEST:
1. The contest is open to all writers in the Province of Pangasinan, except those of the organizers, the judges and their immediate kin. Deadline for submission of entries is on March 14, 2012.
2. Entries must be original (not translated from other languages); have not won a prize in other contests; published and produced works can be entered in the contests.
3. The contest has two categories under two divisions: Poetry and Short Story Writing (Adult Division) and Poetry and Essay Writing (Youth Division – 18 years and below). All entries must be written in the Pangasinan language.
4. The theme is open and free, except for the Essay writing, under the Youth Division. The theme for the essay writing shall be “Say bilay na sakey a salita, Wala’d mabunan litiratura”.
5. Authors can submit two (2) separate entries in each category. Each can win a prize.
6. For Poetry category, the entry must be a collection of 8 to 10 poems. Each poem must not be less than 10 lines but not more than 25 lines, and must be typewritten clearly, single spaced or computerized in size 12, font Times New Roman Medium on an 8 ½” x 11” bond paper.
7. For the Short Story category, an entry must be at least ten (10) but not more than twenty eight (28) written pages. It must be typewritten clearly, double spaced or computerized in size 12, font Times New Roman on an 8 ½” x 11” bond paper, with approximately one (i) inch on all sides and the page number typed consecutively e.g. 1 of 28, 2 of 28 and so on. The entry must include a one-page synopsis.
8. For the Essay Category, an entry must be at least four (4) but not more than five (5) typewritten pages. It must carry an original title.
9. All entries should be submitted in four (4) copies. All sets of entry shall bear only the “pen name” of the contestant and not his/her real name. Each entry must be accompanied with a sealed envelope containing a short biography of the author, bearing his/her name and address, the title of his/her entry and a 2”x2” picture and cellphone/telephone no.
10. Entries submitted via e-mail should be a MSWord document file and should be sent as an attachment together with the author’s bio-data and 2”x2” picture (Pls. indicate the E-mail address).
Cash prizes and trophies await the winners. Non-winning authors shall be entitled to a certificate of participation. The cash prizes shall be as follows:
Adult Division / Youth Division
1st prize Php 10,000. / Php 5,000.
2nd prize Php 8,000. / Php 3,000.
3rd prize Php 5,000. / Php 2,000.
b. Short Story
1st prize - Php 15,000.
2nd prize - Php 10,000.
3rd prize - Php 8,000.
1st prize - Php 8,000.
2nd prize - Php 5,000.
3rd prize - Php 3,000.
The names of the winners shall be announced on April 4, 2012. Awarding of prizes will be during the Commemorative Program of Agew of Pangasinan on April 13, 2012.
For information and submission of entries, please see / visit :
Secretariat, Pangasinan Tourism Office
1st Floor Malong Building, Capitol Complex
Contact numbers (075) 542-8007 or 542-6853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the PANGASINAN LITERARY AWARDS guidelines, official entry form, and authorization form.
Labels: pangasinan literary awards
permaLink | 0 comments
A Tao 道 Sign
Santiago B. Villafania, a bilingual Filipino poet who writes in English and in his native language of Pangasinan, is the author of poetry collections Bonsaic Verses (2012), Pinabli and Other Poems (2012), Malagilion: Sonnets tan Villanelles (2007), and Balikas na Caboloan (Voices from Caboloan, 2005) published by the National Commission for the Culture and the Arts (NCCA) under its UBOD New Authors Series. He has been published in several countries and translated into several languages. Villafania is one of the 11 Outstanding Pangasinan conferred with the 2010 ASNA Award for the Arts and Culture (literature) during the first Agew na Pangasinan and also the 430th Foundation Day of the province on April 2010. He is a member of Philippine PEN writes a regular weekly column for the Sunday Punch.