diurnal . poetry . news . writerature
TALENT SEEKERS TO DISCOVER THE 1000 MOST CREATIVE PEOPLE OF 2009
The collective of artists Sanesociety.org has organized an international contest to discover and promote the most outstanding people in their respective fields. To do so, TALENT SEEKERS, as this project is known, has created the web page www.talentseekers.net so that its members may choose each year the 100 most popular authors/artists in each of the 10 categories of the contest:
• Painting, drawing, engraving.
• Digital art, Net art.
• Film, video, animation.
• Literature, philosophy, journalism.
• Installations, performance art.
• Web design, graphic design.
• Free category.
The public voting will commence on 1st January and will end on 31st December 2009. Only then, in January of 2010, will an expert jury determine the position the different artists will occupy in the 10 different rankings in accordance with the quality of their work. In total, 1000 authors will be evaluated taking into consideration the whole of the work exhibited on their own personal websites. This process will culminate in an extensive International publicity campaign to promote the winners. Any Prizes donated by the sponsors of the contest will then also be awarded.
During the first two months since the launch of this project, more than 2000 artists, musicians and writers of 69 different countries have registered. Due to the concern some members have expressed regarding a possible membership fee, the organization has guaranteed that the first 10.000 authors registered will acquire the right to participate permanently and free of charge. In the words of the Director, Arturo Tirador, “TALENT SEEKERS does not have a lucrative aim and we have no plans to introduce a system of quotas. The reason for having a provisional limit of 10.000 free members is because we are actually looking for a strategic partner and we therefore do not know the position a new directive might assume. Certainly my intention is to exclusively cover our operating costs by means of sponsorships, so that money does not become an impediment and we can that way reach a maximum level of participation”.
The quality of the Jury is particularly surprising. Despite being a new born project, it has already attracted top professionals, such as Rafael Revert, founder of the two most important Spanish music radio stations (40 Principales and Cadena 100), Jimmy Destri, founder member of the legendary American band Blondie or the distinguished Canadian producer John Dimon, winner of an Emmy and producer of well known television programmes, such as “Stars of Tomorrow”. TALENT SEEKER’S Jury list includes important cultural promoters, art galleries, magazines, radio stations, research and educational centres, record companies, publishers, writers, artists, musicians, choreographers, film directors, etc.
One of TALENT SEEKERS’ primary objectives is to encourage cooperation between different cultural organizations and the media, helping them to extend their corresponding audiences. Here the importance of having a good representation in all sectors. You can find below our current list of jury members, to which dozens of professionals are expected to be added during the coming months:
• Adriana Ruiz - Editorial Magdala (Argentina)
• Alberto Cereijo - Los Suaves, ECO (Spain)
• Arturo Tirador – Sanesociety.org (Spain)
• Carlos Guerrero – Arteinformado.com (Spain)
• Carol Contreras Suárez - Red Nacional de Estudiantes de Literatura & Afines - REDNEL Colombia (Colombia)
• Casto Solano (Spain)
• Cecilia Estalles - Fundacion ph15 (Argentina)
• Cintia Marcela Scianna - interstizi magazine (Italy)
• Claudio Gallego Ruiz - Artedinámico.com (Colombia)
• Daniel Battiston - Revista El Margen (Argentina)
• Dario Arnaez - Cryo64 (USA)
• Elaine Pauvolid - Aliás, revista eletrônica de cultura (Brazil)
• Fernando Barrionuevo - MECA - Mediterráneo Centro Artístico (Spain)
• Francesc Verdera - Picap, S.L. (Spain)
• Gabriela Cravioto - Academia de Artes Visuales (Mexico)
• Gachi Prieto – Gachi Pietro Gallery - Contemporary Latin American art (Argentina)
• Gene Perla - P.M. Records (USA)
• Giancarlo Bruschini - AutoriOnline (Italy)
• Gorka Vazquez Fernandez - bivafego (Spain)
• Guillermo Cuello - Equipo GC de investigación IUNA (Argentina)
• Gustavo Ortiz - Estacionpoetas (Colombia)
• Hildegard Unterweger - Kunstforum Montafon Bereich Aktionskunst (Austria)
• Horcon Boga - Manticore (Spain)
• Hugo Santander - First Film Productions (Colombia)
• Issa Martínez Llongueras - Palabras Diversas (Mexico)
• Jimmy Destri - rock band Blondie (USA)
• Johannes - noticiasypunto (Germany)
• John Dimon - Diamond Entertainment (Canadá)
• Jordi Sabatés (Spain)
• Jorge Dávila - Sala Rockstar San Sebastian (Spain)
• Jose Ramon Cortes - Infocreativos.es (Spain)
• Laura Islas - Revista etcétera (Mexico)
• Lucas Karrvaz – Instituto Rural de Arte (Spain)
• Luciano Somma (Italy)
• Luigi Spanò (Italy)
• Luis Arias Manzo - Movimiento Poetas del Mundo (Chile)
• Luis E. Prieto Vázquez - Red Mundial de Escritores en Español: REMES (Spain)
• Mar Cel Bangerter - xradiostage.com (Switzerland)
• Marco Coraggio - GenomART arte digitale contemporanea (Italy)
• Marie Anderson - Sane Society (Sweden)
• Mário Carabajal - Academia de Letras do Brazil (Brazil)
• Massimo Cremagnani - capitolouno (Italy)
• Mauricio Nava - SteicH Danza Multidisciplinaria (Mexico)
• Nacho Fernandez - Literaturas.com (Spain)
• Nelson Medina - Publicistas.org / Revolutionart International Magazine (Peru)
• Nicolas Guerrieri - Oid Mortales Records (Argentina)
• Norma Segades Manias - Gaceta Literaria Virtual (Argentina)
• Nestor Zonana - Pabellon 4 Arte Contemporaneo (Argentina)
• Oscar Alejandro Huerta Centeno – Revista almargen.net (Mexico)
• Paolo Redaelli - Viceversa (Italy)
• Paul Fantin - Art Mix Gallery (Bélgica)
• Paulo Monti - Revista Literária Paralelo 30 (Brazil)
• Pedro Granados (Peru)
• Petter Jahnstedt - Zero Magazine (Sweden)
• Rafael Revert - Futura Networks (Spain)
• Raúl Cerezo - Escorto (Spain)
• Robby Beyer - Supreme Chaos Records (Germany)
• Sergio Junqueira Arantes - Revista Eventos (Brazil)
• Thomas Gerwers - ProfiFoto (Germany)
• Ton Luiting - Concept DiGiTaal (Netherlands)
• Vincent Teubler - gogofrog (Australia)
• Volkmar Mantei - Webseite für erregende Musik (Germany)
• Walter Benessi - MediaNetwork (Argentina)
• Winfried Hanuschik - crescendo - das KlassikMagazin, Verlag Port Media GmbH (Germany)
• Xavier van Leeuwe - Lava (Netherlands)
permaLink | 0 comments
A Tao 道 Sign
Santiago B. Villafania, a bilingual Filipino poet who writes in English and in his native language of Pangasinan, is the author of poetry collections Bonsaic Verses (2012), Pinabli and Other Poems (2012), Malagilion: Sonnets tan Villanelles (2007), and Balikas na Caboloan (Voices from Caboloan, 2005) published by the National Commission for the Culture and the Arts (NCCA) under its UBOD New Authors Series. He has been published in several countries and translated into several languages. Villafania is one of the 11 Outstanding Pangasinan conferred with the 2010 ASNA Award for the Arts and Culture (literature) during the first Agew na Pangasinan and also the 430th Foundation Day of the province on April 2010. He is a member of Philippine PEN writes a regular weekly column for the Sunday Punch.